Property Management Services
Southeastern Real Estate Group, Ltd. Co. has developed a comprehensive management program for all types of properties (Commercial Retail, Office, Condominium, Duplex, Single Family & Multi-family Residential). Our Property Management Division focuses its real estate activities exclusively to property supervision, administrative services and financial services for our clients. The company goal is to provide professional property management services by closely working with the owners, residents, building owners and the boards to develop short and long-term goals. It is important to us to both assist the owners and to oversee and special concerns to help increase the equitable ownership of your property by maintaining the common areas and the building. Through our network of preferred maintenance vendors and our state of the art software, ‘AppFolio,’ we’re truly able to revolutionize your current property management experience.
Service and Accessibility
Southeastern Real Estate Group, Ltd. Co. provides each client with prompt response time for emergencies and maintenance requests. A list of emergency numbers will be provided to all owners and tenants on a 24-hour basis.
Property Management Staff
- Professional Staff:
- John B. Hilton, Attorney at Law – Broker-in-Charge, Owner
- Rhonda Blackwell- Licensed Property Manager
- Marketing Staff:
- Allison Mitchell (agent)
- Maintenance Staff:
- Trent Green- Licensed HVAC, Plumber, Electrician, General Repairs
Summary of Services
Below you will find an outlined proposal for our services. Please note this is not an exclusive list of services and can be modified if there is something you desire that is not included. This list is premised by the guarantee that you will not find a firm more dedicated to customer service and to the goal of satisfying your needs.
- Tenant Investigation- perform background/credit check prior to leasing through landlord2landlord.com
- Rent collection
- Monthly billing statements
- Monthly accounting reports per property
- Initiate mortgage payment
- Initiate tax payments & properly account for receipts
- Maintain insurance compliance and notify owner of renewals
- Property inspection on an as requested basis (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Complete communication/complaint log with regard to tenants/vendors
- Marketing vacant properties through Columbia Multiple Listing Service (Leasing commissions as negotiated with owner)
- Minor repairs subject to identified threshold allowance
- Major repairs (3-4 bids with references or Owner preferred vendors, collected and submitted for owner approval; owner makes final recommendation)
- Recording and processing work orders
- Routine property inspections of common areas
- 24 hour emergency on call service
- Oversee work provided by sub-contractors/service companies
- Work orders forwarded to vendors electronically
- Inspection of jobs performed, prior to payment
Our managing partner, John Hilton of Hilton Law Firm, Ltd. Co., is an attorney in the state of South Carolina who focuses primarily on real estate and related business law. This resource has proven to be invaluable in dealing with certain property management issues that may arise. Southeastern Real Estate Group, Ltd. Co. is not a law firm, however the affiliation does provide the opportunity for immediate legal advice for our clients.
Our firm has recently acquired a new and state of the art software platform called ‘AppFolio.’ The performance generated off this platform will truly revolutionize the property management industry. Below is a summary of just a few of the most notable benefits to this software.
- Collect Rent Online
- AppFolio provides a variety of online payment options that allow your residents to pay rent 24/7 in convenient and secure ways. Options include E-Check, credit cards or Electronic Cash Payments - a built-in, complete payment platform for accepting rent online is a game changer for you and your residents
- Payments To Owners
- Instead of the traditional process of printing and mailing checks to owners, you can save time and money by paying your owners via ACH. Send owner payments with just a few clicks. Owners receive the funds directly in your bank account so you are paid much faster.
- Built-in Resident Screening
- No more faxing or double-entry between systems. Simply press the “Screen Now” button and screening results are displayed instantly in an easy-to-read, beautifully designed report. Screening reports also provide access to resident payment history from Experian RentBureau, criminal background reports, and eviction histories.
- Online Owner/Landlord Login
- We are able to post owner statements to a convenient Owner Portal, allowing the owner to log on, 24 hours a day, to review your account. No more waiting for statements to know the financials for this month. Further, we are able to email work orders to our vendors and track maintenance requests online to resolve issues faster.
- Rent Comparison
- RentMatch is an easy to use, rent comparison tool that helps you to quickly analyze your rental prices compared to other units of similar size and bedroom count in the same geographical area.